Several times last week, Y asked me why did I go to Ukraine to get him, "Because I no ask you come get me, so why you come?" I reminded him that during his second hosting trip, when Bill asked him if he would like to "come and live with us forever," he said a very emphatic, "Yes!" Being the linear thinker that he is, he pointed out that we asked him, he did not ask us. Then I reminded him that he said, "Yes," a second time on 2/06/09 when I finally got to the orphanage, and a third time when we went to court. So, what was his response when I asked why he said yes three times if he didn't want to come to America and be my son? - "Because I no want you cry." I called his bluff on that one (even if he can't admit it to himself just yet), and said that he was the one who was going to cry. I told him I thought he said yes, because he was afraid that I would leave and he would never see me again, no more phone calls, no more packages, no more Mama. "No, is because you cry, and Mikey cry because he no be with me now. And maybe Goofy and Squirt cry, too." What about Tigger and Daisy? "Tiggy like me, maybe, but Daisy no like me because I smell like Mikey."
Off to take that precious computer to the store for some fixin. It's stuck in "update" mode when you turn it on, and when you eventually exit out of that, it won't let Internet Explorer work. He can still connect to the internet to play his video game, he just can't surf the web, etc. And he wonders why he never gets an allowance.
Natalie
TX
3 comments:
perhas this time of year - with all those "anniversary" dates - would be an excellent opportunity for you to find ways to remind him of all that he has gained in becoming a member of a family... of YOUR family. i'm not sure if you have pictures, videos, or other things that captured his everyday life in ukraine, but anything that might remind him that he is BLESSED could be a nice bonding experience if you look through that together.
he went from being an orphan & being dependent on the state to being a much-loved son, with parents would would go to the ends of the earth for him - literally - and you've already proved it by doing it!!!
maybe when he says "why did you come get me?" and you explain that you just love him, he'll start to understand.
of course, i could be way off, and if i am, just ignore me. :-P i'm just going off of what i read on your blog, and it seems from what you've written (or at least my interpretation of it) that he hasn't fully grasped what love & devotion it took to bring him home forever. naturally, a child cannot and most likely will not understand the love their parents have for them until they're grown, have matured & have their own child to love... but this could be a great opportunity to remind him of that love.
if there's anything i can do, or if you have specific things you'd like me to pray, please don't hesitate to let me know. :-)
- michelle
Happy Belated Adoption Anniversary!
OK. I found your blog. I had to find your comment on Sunflower Seeds and hook up with you from there, but I made it. One year, huh? Our dates are all smashed together like that, too. Our son's birthday is March 14, we first met on March 20, our adoption was complete on March 31, we all came home on April 16. You can visit my blog if you want to, but I am having trouble with it. It keeps redirecting me to some sales site. By the way, we spoke via Adoption from Ukraine.
Post a Comment