Monday, January 11, 2010

Moments You Treasure

Y finally got together a load of clothes for me to wash this evening. It was bribery, I told him if he cleaned his room he could have an extra hour on the computer. He didn't clean his room, but he did bring down one load of laundry. As I was putting them in the washer, his dog Michael was getting in the way. He knocked over a full basket of clean clothes onto the floor. I said in exasperation, "Get him out of here, he's knocking everything over!" Y called the dog out of the tiny laundry room and asked me if I liked his dog Michael. I told him yes I did, just sometimes he's very annoying when he tries to 'help' you. Y said, "Michael help you like I help you, yes?" I said, "Yes. Sometimes Michael 'helps' me by creating more work for me to do. Sometimes you create work for me to do, too."

Y replied, "You like me?"

"Yes, I like you."

"You like Michael more you like me?"

"No, I like you more than I like Michael."

We continued our conversation in the kitchen.

Y - "I like Michael because Michael is my dog."

"You like Michael more than you like me?"

"No! I like you more because you my Mama. And, Michael likes everybody."

Natalie

TX

(Probably the first time he's said something like that and then didn't immediately add, "Come on, maybe you buy me something.")

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:-)

Wow.That is such an important milestone.

ali said...

aww that my heart go bump bump bump :) any progress is progress, with our guys. i am waiting for the other shoe to drop, but enjoying every minute of the true friendship he & I are sharing lately! hugs to you!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Love it!

Mothering4Money said...

Progress!