
Miko
10/14/98 - 11/13/09
(Taken the day before he went to the Rainbow Bridge)
I already miss your silky soft puppy fur (that you managed to keep for 11 years) and your lovely high pitched whine you made when you weren't being given enough attention or you didn't particularly like the heavy metal music I was playing in the car.
You were also the only dog I know who goes to the dog park to greet the humans. You always made your rounds of the puppies first, then you spent the rest of the time going up to each human in the park, putting your head on their lap and begging, "Pet me, please!" Mr. Personality, that was you!
We should've named you Marley, you were so much like the dog in that movie/book at times. Even down to the jumping out of the car part to 'visit' some workers lunching outside a neighbors house. And eating the plastic end off of a spray can and turning yourself into a half chocolate-half yellow lab: along with our carpet and entertainment center.
I also remember the way you wanted to play with all of Nala's toys when you were a puppy and she would get so mad at you, until she realized you were actually fun to drag around the house with your mouth clamped onto the end of the rope. You were happy just to be along for the ride.
I hope there's not a lot of water at the Rainbow Bridge, since God forgot to tell you that you are a Labrador. How you could love chasing ducks, but hate getting your belly wet, I don't know.
I know that your spirit was more than willing to stick around a couple of more years, but unfortunately that nasty "C" word spread throughout your body very quickly. I didn't want to diminish your life by doping you up just so you couldn't feel the pain of a very quick growing inoperable tumor that had metastasized throughout your body.
I'm glad you left life the same way you entered it - Mr. Happy Boy whose tail only stopped wagging when you got all the pets, love and kisses that you wanted. You were definitely worth the price of a garage door opener.
Rest in Peace Dear Miko!
Love, Mommy, Y, Squirty, Goofy, Michael, Tigger and Daisy
TX
3 comments:
I hope Miko is resting in peace.
He was a much loved dog.
I have avoided this post, I don't know if I mentioned that. I know what it means. BTW, check out our blog. You're nominated.
What a wonderful tribute. I have tears running down my face...
Post a Comment