Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bad Mama!

Y got up by himself without a problem this morning, although he told me he really didn't like the "foghorn" noise of the alarm clock. Oh, well. Less than 30 minutes after getting up, he was dressed and on the bus to school. I told him he could sleep on the bus, but he said, "No, Mama. I talk my friends!" I told him maybe his friends would be sleepy, too.

Our school system sends out fewer buses in the morning than the afternoon. They take all of the 6th graders, Jr High and High School kids on the first bus of the morning. It comes by our house just before 6am! They drop the 6th graders off at 6:40am, the Jr High at 6:50am and the high school at 7:10am. Each of the schools get out around 2:30pm, so they have one bus that takes the 6th grade and Jr High kids (schools located right next to each other) and another for the high school kids. So, Y takes bus #3 in the morning and #27 in the afternoon. I know I told him that, but apparently he got on bus #3 this afternoon. The driver took all the other kids home first and then dropped Y off at our door, since he was on the wrong bus. When I called to check on him (I work eve shifts on Tues/Wed), he was mad at me. "You tell me #3! I home 4 o'clock!!!"

Tomorrow I will make sure he has the index card with his bus numbers with him. Don't want to be a "bad Mama" again!

Natalie
TX

2 comments:

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Funny Story!! Isn't it amazing how much these kids have gone through in the past couple of months!! I'm amazed!

ArtworkByRuth said...

Yup, much easier to take the blame than have him admit he was wrong...praying that God would help soften his heart so he can learn to laugh at the little mistakes in life!