Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All is Forgiven

It seems all is forgiven. Y was asleep last night when I got home around midnight. Good thing, as I'd have been pretty annoyed if he was still awake. Bill said he hadn't come out of his room after dinner. There was no light on is his room as I pulled up, but I could see the flickering of the TV. I let the dogs out, and went quickly to bed myself, knowing I'd be the one to make sure he was awake at 5:30am.

I didn't even have to get him up. He was already semi-awake and dressed at 5:35am. And, I got to hear all over again how upset he was about my telling him the wrong bus number the day before. That is one thing my men have in common, they like to blame others when they make mistakes. I'm used to it, I guess. I even bought my husband a shirt that says, "I didn't say it was your FAULT, I said I was going TO BLAME YOU!"

I walked him out to the bus once again, and Y asked me why I was coming with him. I told him that it would be the only time I would see him that day, so I wanted to ask how school was yesterday, etc. He told me school was good, and that, "Last night, I sleep 7 o'clock!" Apparently he went right to sleep after dinner. Ten hours of sleep almost made up for the lack of sleep he's had the past few days.

Mama, of course, got him on the bus, let the doggies out and then went back to bed herself! Unfortunately, I won't be able to do that tomorrow morning since I have a 7am shift. I'll just drive out to the end of the driveway, wait with Y, and then go on my way to work. Hopefully the bus will be there again at 5:59-6:02am so that I won't be late.

I called home at 3pm, and Bill said Y had gotten home a few minutes ago. So, I called Y's cell phone, and he happily told me that the correct bus was much nicer. He also said, "The children's tell me I have accent. I hard understand. I speak good English, I tell them!" I told him he does have an accent, but that it will get easier to be understood with time. I also told him that he would be asleep when I got home, so I will see you tomorrow. He told me, "Maybe."

Looking forward to my 4 hours of sleep tonight, then a physical for work tomorrow afternoon. Oh, joy.

Natalie
TX

No comments: