Friday, April 3, 2009

Sick?

Y said he was tired after school on Thursday, too.  But, when I asked him if he was too tired to go to gymnastics, the answer was a resounding, "No!"  So, off to gymnastics we went.  He kept making faces at me through the glass as the coaches made him do stretching and warm up exercises.  He has no patience for those things.  I think I'm going to have to do that kind of stuff with him, so that he thinks it is a contest he can win.  It doesn't help that he is the oldest and least limber of the boys in the class.  In that way he is very like Bill.  Y & Bill don't want to do anything that they cannot excel at.

I'm taking him with me to the chiropractor today if Bill doesn't get home from running business errands in time.  At least they can look at his scoliosis and give me a better idea of how bad it is than our general practitioner.  Maybe they can also test some of his stretching abilities, too.  Or at least show him more interesting things to do that facilitate stretching than the coaches at gymnastics.  They may also be able to tell me if his neck feels stiff.  I will go online to translate does your head hurt, too.  Is there a test that can be done to determine if he has mono?  Anybody?

Natalie
TX

2 comments:

ibbabs97 said...

There is a blood test that they can do. When I had it (well 17 years ago or so) they said that the test can give false results so they didn't give it to me. They just sent me to an ENT. He took one look at me and said that I had Mono. My glands in my neck were very swollen. You might feel his neck and see if you can tell if they are swollen. Good luck! I hate trying to decide if my kids are really sick or not.

Tami said...

I had a blood test done...and the results come back pretty quickly.