Sunday, April 19, 2009

Funny Movie

We actually got Y away from the dreaded "S. B," aka Sponge Bob, by watching a movie together.  Get Smart arrived today from Netflix.  Imagine that, something Bill actually wanted to watch!  So, we turned off S.B. and put on the movie.  Y seemed a little put out, until the movie actually started.  It had enough sight gags to keep him giggling most of the time.

The funniest part of the movie?  When they were speaking Russian with English subtitles.  Y couldn't stop guffawing.  The dialogue wasn't so funny, so we paused the picture while I asked him what was so funny.  His response - "Bad Russian!"  Not that they were using incorrect grammar, just that the actor was not a native speaker.  Here I was trying to concentrate on seeing if I could understand them without the subtitles and he's giggling because they sound like me!

Natalie
TX

No comments: