It was absolutely wonderful to be able to watch the inauguration of President Obama and Vice President Biden into office yesterday. Such a historic moment gives me hope that our country can heal its wounds and move forward. I for one look forward to teaching my son about community service. We'll just have to find something that he enjoys and is interested in helping out with, whether that is working at the local food bank or advocating for children in the courts or helping out at the animal shelter, I'm sure we'll find something he likes to do.
I read a post by someone on a list serve that warned that children from the former Soviet bloc countries have a hard time adjusting to America's competitive culture. She said something to the effect that they do not have a lot of ambition for themselves and are content to be part of the group. I'm sure I'll find out if that is true. I'm not really sure how getting ahead in life and helping others are mutually exclusive.
Natalie
TX
No comments:
Post a Comment