Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Goofy's Great Escape

I swear, Goofy is the perfect name for this 105lb golden yellow lab.

We have three gates to access our back yard doggie retreat. One leads from the deck (right across from the back door) for convenient doggie access, another is at the side of the yard right next to the garage for convenient lawn tractor access and the third is wedged between the edge of the deck and the garage for convenient containment purposes, or so we thought.

Last week, Goofy was out in the back yard with Nala for about an hour in the morning. He and Nala did quite a bit of barking for about 5 minutes and then they shut up, so I thought nothing of it. Then Nala gave her, "I'm ready to come in now!" bark, so I went downstairs and into the breakfast room to let the brats back inside (it was a gorgeous day, Heaven forbid they actually spend it outside like dogs).

Needless to say I was a little surprised to see a huge yellow head with a big wet tongue hanging out of it staring at me through the breakfast room door. Goofy had gotten out of the yard by pushing over the gate wedged between the garage and deck and made the humongous 30 ft trip all the way to the back door. What a doofus! He had the whole world and all he wanted was to come inside with us.

Natalie
TX

No comments: