Friday, August 8, 2008

Busy Birthday

I had a busy birthday on Monday (8/4). Started out with a quick turn around from a night shift the evening before to a 7am shift on Monday. Then, when I got home I had to spend 1.5hrs picking up all of Bill's stuff (and some of mine) laying around on the side & back porch and beside the garage so they wouldn't fly away when Tropical Storm Edouard came to visit the next day. Bill did pick up all of his tools and put them in the garage, but he complained about it the whole time saying Edouard was just going to be a thunderstorm. Yes Bill, you were right, but I did get you to clean up finally!

After I finished up outside, I had to do several loads of laundry. If the power goes out in our subdivision for more than 4 hrs we lose our water pressure. Luckily that didn't happen. Then, last but not least, I had to go to Kroger's and wait in line for gasoline for the generator and then replace the empty propane tanks and do a little grocery shopping. No water was to be found anywhere. Imagine that.

I got about 4 hrs of sleep before a 6am shift the next day, too.

Gotta go catch up on my sleep.

No comments: