But: they'll leave their dogs in the backyard, 'cause they're just animals and they might leave dirty paw prints in the kitchen. (I admit, I woke up this morning with one 120lb lab on the other side of my king size bed; one 47lb boxer mix snuggled right up against me; one 14lb cat laying on my feet; one 65lb pit mix sleeping on the doggie bed in the corner of the room; and one 10lb cat sleeping under the bed - so the boxer mix wouldn't attack her; but, I'm just spoiled that way, I guess.)
And, I have people giving me suggestions about how to keep my pipes from freezing. People who've spent their entire lives living south of I-10 (runs east-west along the Gulf coast). These are the same people who've already made the decision to have 'early release' from certain local school districts, and canceled planned school dances and athletics for this evening. If they did this kind of stuff up north of the Mason-Dixon Line, kids would basically have to go to school from March until October.
Heck, even here at the airport they're kind of freaking out about having to de-ice the planes before they take off. I understand that, since it's icier up at altitude than it is down here on terra firma; but, they're talking about using one of the runways or major taxiways to hold the planes waiting to be de-iced. Lovely.
Y even said to me yesterday when I mentioned the possibility of snow, "Mama, you lie, why you tell me no snow in Texas?" (I had to explain it happens about once every 10 yrs or so.)
BTW, 42 degrees was our high today. Tomorrow it'll be back up in the 50's.
Chill, people!
Natalie
TX
2 comments:
snowed all night and been snowing all day up here in MN...life goes on. school is in session. people are moving about going about their lives. its a little bit of snow people! all you have to do is SLOW DOWN! its so funny to me to think of everything shutting down because of a little snow.
Traveled to Houston @two years ago in the winter and there was an "ice storm" approaching...The news team talked about it for days! then when it came I was like that is what you freaked out about- LOL
We are in OH so I am a bit more used to it. Do you even need jammies with that many furbabies in your bed?
Post a Comment