We're still working on the 'showing up at the house unannounced and walking in after knocking - but not waiting for an invite inside from a human (canines and felines don't count). Other than that, we puppy-proofed the backyard AGAIN last weekend. Michael has only escaped once, after one hour outside. All he did was come to the back door to be let into the house. I cannot figure out how he escaped this time, but he hasn't escaped again because we've been limiting his time outside to 30 minutes or less. Today he is stuck in his cage because he wouldn't wake up this morning and do his business outside before I had to take Y to school and go to work. Squirty wouldn't wake up either, but he's six and he'll hold it for 24 hrs if he has to. He absolutely will not potty indoors. Goofy is always up for a few minutes outside, so he wasn't a problem today. I bet Tigger and Daisy are happy Michael is caged up, they get a day of relaxation instead of a day of being attacked and hiding from him.
Speaking of how much "fun" Mikey always has, Y told me that last week he let Michael outside while I was on my way home from work and, "Michael play and play and run and play (which means he let him out front unleashed and Michael chased the squirrels), and I inside and go bathroom and I hear Michael open door - and Goofy outside and play with Michael! Is okay, Mama! Goofy and Michael good dogs!" Grrrr... Nothing like following the rules. Lucky for him Tigger didn't decide to join them. At least Goofy and Michael come back when you call them. Tigger usually takes a message, and he'll get back to you later.
Just wishing Christmas and Y's birthday were over and done with. Then I wouldn't have to hear, "Maybe you buy me for Christmas...," or, "Maybe you buy me for my happy birthday..."
Natalie
TX
1 comment:
Yeah on the job! And yes, can't wait till the "wishlist" mentality stops...Also praying though that Y knows how much he is loved and can truly celebrate his being here with you. God bless!
Post a Comment