Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One more thing

I called Y tonight at about 8pm to check on him. I may have woken him up because it took several rings before he answered the phone. I got a very insolent, "What!" from him. I told him that I was just calling to see how he was and how school was today. He said he was okay and school was okay. I asked him what he ate for dinner tonight (he complained last week that Bill did not feed him anything on Tue or Wed evenings - coincidentally the two evenings per week that I am 100% required to work). He said he ate chips and cookies. I asked if he ate dinner and his reply was, "What, I eat my fingers?" Smart aleck. He told me that Bill did not make any food for him again today. I told him he could eat more of anything he wanted and that I would see him in the morning.

Then I called Bill to confirm that he had not made dinner (he was supposed to make stuffed pork chops). Bill said that Y plowed right into the junk food as soon as he got home. I asked Bill if that was an excuse not to feed him and Bill said, "No, but I've been doing some investigating stuff." Unbelievable. Something else was more important than feeding his son?

So, now I get to go home (and arrive about 1am), go to sleep, get up at 5:30am to see Y off to school and then I get to cook dinner for Y at 6am - just to make sure that he has something to eat tomorrow night! I'm even going to put his name on it and tell Bill that I'll cut his fingers off if he even touches it! Then I might get another hour or two of sleep before I have to get up and get ready for work.

For those of you in the Houston area, I may be asking for your help next week on Tue and Wed if work does not allow me to switch to day shifts. I will either need someone to come over to my house to help Y with his little bit of homework and reading and feed him dinner and sit with him until I get home; or else maybe take him to your place and I'll pick him up after work or you could drop him off at home about 9pm. He should be okay for a couple of hours before I get home from work.

I really hate to ask this, but I just may have to do it. Or call off sick.

Thanks in advance.

Natalie
TX

2 comments:

Tami said...

I wish I had some magic words to make all of this better, but I want you to know I'm thinking of you and Y and praying for you. ((hugs))

MoonDog said...

wow! that is so hard for you to be caught in the middle. sending good thoughts that "someone" figures this all out. It shouldnt have to be all on you.