Late Thursday night my sister came with her husband, daughter and son. Y and I were already asleep, so we said our hellos the next morning. Thank goodness there were so many relatives to keep Y company in the morning, Mama got to sleep in till after 10!
You'd think I would've been quite rested after ten hours of sleep, but I spent half the night trying not to hack up a lung. I even made an appointment with the doctor for after I got home, I want to know what's been bugging me for the past month. It's not really getting any better, either. I'll let you know later what I found out.
Anyways, back to Friday with the cousins and Dyedushka (grandfather). Y and Patrick (my 11yr old nephew) spent the morning playing Pat's XBOX, and watching cartoons while Faith (my 8yr old niece) drew us all pictures. Then we went to see 'Night at the Museum - The Smithsonian.' Very cute movie, where the boys all sat on one side of the row and the girls on the other. After we were all popcorned out, we met my dad and stepmother at a place called Fun Fest. It is essentially a bowling alley with a game area and a laser tag room attached to one end.
Needless to say, once Pat and Y saw the game area, we didn't need to do anything to entertain them other than about ten bucks worth of tokens. Each of the three kids racked up over 150 tickets, but they were kind of bummed when they saw the "prizes." Cheap stuff from overseas. Probably could've spent $3 and bought them everything they won, but they had a good time, nonetheless.
My dad had coupons for buy one, get one for both laser tag and bowling. We did laser tag first. We split into two groups, me, my sister Laure and my dad on one team; Y, Pat, Faith and my brother-in-law Mike (they needed one adult on the team) on the other. We were green, they were red. They creamed us. Mike came in first by "killing" 40+ times, and only getting "killed" once. Y was second, but only because he got 'killed' three times. Pat was third and Faith fourth. My father, the professional police officer, came in FIFTH place! He said if there were little circles on the targets he could've hit them. Laure was sixth and I was 'dead' last. Carol did not play, but she said she had a blast watching us.
Then we put on some bowling shoes and went for another show down. Mike won that one, too. Show off. The kids played by themselves, and Faith won their game. She was the only one with the advantage of the bumpers. Since all they served there was pizza and no one wanted that, we went to Denny's for dinner. I hate to think what my dad paid for the pleasure of seeing two of his children and all three of his grandkids at once. Y and Pat even tried to have a burping contest at the table, but my sis quashed that one really quick. Some people just don't know how to have fun.
Then it was back home for more video games and Sponge Bob until it was time for Babushka to watch "So you think you can dance?"
Y was very quiet after we got home. He said he was cold, and kept his jacket on for quite a while. I felt his forehead and he seemed a little warm, so I gave him a painkiller. That seemed to help, but he even went to bed all on his own at 9:30pm. Unusual for him, he always gives me lip at bed time.
The next morning he seemed to be better, but still tired. I probably kept him up all night with my coughing. He slept on a mattress on the floor in my old room.
Next post about Saturday in the 'Burgh.
Natalie
TX
No comments:
Post a Comment