Saturday was a pretty good day, considering that I had to get up at 4am for a 5:30am shift. After work, I took Y to the store to buy shirts for the Dynamo game we attended that evening. The Dynamo are our local MLS soccer team (champs 2006 & 2007). Y wanted nothing to do with buying their shirts, but I bought one for myself and one for Bill. Y wanted an Oakland Raiders shirt. Football Americanski? What?!! It seems he likes their logo. I didn't have the heart to tell him the team hasn't been very good in recent years. It'll do him good to cheer for the underdog. Unless they're playing the Steelers. Then it's war.
He even wanted a football Americanski, too. They have been practicing throwing footballs at school during phys ed and it seems my son is not very good. You know how it is for boys at Jr High, if you can't throw a football, doesn't matter what else you can do. So, he practiced a bit with me in the driveway. That was, until he found out I can't throw a spiral worth a darn either. Then he took Goofy out in the back yard. I could not emphasize to him enough that Goofy must never touch the ball, or it would be no more for this Earth! A 115lb yellow lab vs. a measly little $14 football. Not much of a match. Y kept telling me it would be okay, until I told him that Nala (our dear departed Nala Bear) ate not one, but TWO footballs when she was Goofy's age. The first one she ate within an hour of the kids unwrapping it at Christmas. All it takes is one canine to puncture that pigskin, and that's all she wrote. He did very well, and was quite careful of Goofy catching the ball. That did not stop either one of them running around and playing chase for over half an hour. I'm not sure if Y was playing a running back or a wide receiver, but he had no problem jumping over Goofy and outmaneuvering him.
Then, we went to the Dynamo game. Y wasn't too keen on the idea until we got there and he saw some cool moves from the players. I'm not saying they were World Cup worthy, but they were very good and we left happy campers with a 3-1 win over the San Jose Earthquakes.
That night, Y said, "Today little bit good." I'll take it.
Natalie
TX
2 comments:
Is the little victories, isn't it? :)
Funny you mention the Steelers and Raiders. I'm a HUGE Steeler fan...Shad is a BIG Raiders fan. Alek is a Pats fan, Nick likes the Broncos...Anya's not quite sure...and I'm working really hard on converting Maddie for the Black and Gold. (Last year's Super Bowl didn't hurt! :) It makes for an interesting football season.
Will take a boring day or a "little ok" over bad days! Funny he should like American football better than soccer. Good to see things are getting better!
Post a Comment