Friday, May 8, 2009

13 Years in Our Home, Forever in Our Hearts

Nala Bear
03/24/1996 - 05/07/2009


Rest in peace, dear Nala Bear. There is no pain at the Rainbow Bridge. Only warm sunny days filled with running, jumping, playing fetch, swimming and napping. And all the toys there are yours. No one else can play with them but you. Ginger and Odie have been waiting for you for three years. Odie is ecstatic to see you, I'm sure; Ginger, I don't know about. Hopefully three and a half years at the Rainbow Bridge has mellowed her out and she's not such a "B" anymore.


You came into our home and into our hearts exactly thirteen years and two days ago. Just a little black bundle of fur, no bigger than Daddy's shoe. When we took you to the veterinarian for the first time, all she could say was, "You're gonna be huge!" She didn't know the biggest thing about you was your heart. You may have been a big scary looking Rottweiler/Doberman/Chow mix, but you were the sweetest, gentlest and smartest dog in the world. I am honored to have been owned by you.


We wish we could have kept your pain at bay for many more years, but that was not to be. We just could not bear to see you suffer for one minute longer. I knew the end was near when I had to carry you home from your walk on Wednesday. Your poor hips and knees just could not take the pain of one more step.

The house is so quiet now without your panting and woofing to keep the other dogs in line.  Miko, Squirt, Goofy, and even Tigger and Daisy miss you, too.  Who is going to referee the wrestling matches between Goofy and Miko or Goofy and Squirt anymore?  How will we know when one of them is stepping out of line?

All of the balls sit motionless on the grass, frisbees fallen to the ground, and the ropes wait patiently to be moved to their knew resting spot across the house or across the yard.  Even the toys seem lonely - you never let the other dogs play with them.  I guess this is the biggest question of all:

Who gets to play with the toys?

Miko, Squirt and Goofy patiently await your response.

Loved forever,
Daddy, Mommy, Yarek
Miko, Squirt, Goofy, Tigger and Daisy

6 comments:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

I'm sorry Natalie.

Don't you worry one bit about that person. I'm sure they haven't adopted a 14yo bundle of joy from an Internat:0

Hang in there! He'll turn around soon:)

June

Michelle said...

i am SO SORRY for your loss. my doggie, a black lab, died at only 3 years old - the vet said it was probably west nile virus. that was nearly 6 (!) years ago, and it still hurts... i still cry when i think about her, like right now. it's so much harder than people realize if they don't have pets who are like part of the family.

i'll be praying for comfort for you & your family...

- michelle

Torina said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jarka said...

oh I´m so sorry :( ...I´m sending you all a big hug :l take care..

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

I hate reading about your loss. Just like losing a family member. I mourn for days, as does the other animals in the "family". Big hugs coming your way.

S and T said...

Natalie,
I was so sad when I read about Nala. Our pets are part of the family and we miss them and remember them always when they are gone. Sharon