Wednesday, March 18, 2009

We Have a VISA!!! On Our Way Home TOMORROW!

We, too, will be leaving Kiev behind tomorrow morning!!!

Our driver picked up our paperwork from DHL, rushed it over to us in Independence Square and then we sped off to the US Embassy. We got there about 3:15pm. K advised me to call ahead, which I did, so they knew we were coming. I finished filling out all of the paperwork with the clerks help and we had Yarek's visa in hand a little after 4:30pm.

Unfortunately for Y, that meant we still had time to go to the dentist to get his teeth cleaned, since they didn't have time to finish up yesterday. Total cost for three filllings, teeth cleaning and flouride treatment was about $390. Ouch, I really expected it to be half of that. But, it's done and we don't need to do it again for another six months. I was actually 500 griven short to pay the bill, so our driver will take the last 500 griven over to them tomorrow morning.

At about 8am tomorrow he will be here to pick us up and back to Borispol we go. Delta 89 here we come! (I don't know the flight out of JFK yet, but we get in about 10:30pm TX time).

Gotta go pack!
Natalie
TX

4 comments:

Tami said...

YEA!!!!!! What awesome news! Can't wait to hear how the flight goes. Have a safe trip! :)

Conethia and Jim Bob said...

Amazing!!! Blessings on your trip home!

junglemama said...

Woooo-hooo!

Zack, Jenn and William said...

Hope you made it home safely - congratulations to your family!

Jenn
http://littleboydove.blogspot.com