Oh, you mean you're not going to buy me a Sony Playstation portable the second we hit US soil? - Sulk for four hours on plane.
Oh, you mean you're not going to buy me any video game until I can ask for it in English? - Sulk for three or four hours at home.
Oh, you mean we have to leave my friends' house four hours after we arrived for a visit (two days after international travel)? - Sulk for an hour on the ride home and then sulk for another hour or two at home.
Oh, you mean we only have one TV and I can't watch whatever I want whenever I want, all day long? - Sulk for at least two hours daily.
Oh, you mean I have to leave the house because you have to go somewhere and I can't stay here by myself? - Sulk for an hour in the car.
Oh, you mean I have to wait for the doctor to be ready to see me so I can get my immunizations up to date so that I can attend school tomorrow? - Sulk for two hours in the doctors' office.
Oh, you mean I have to eat my vegetables and can't just pick the meat and pasta out of the bowl? - Sulk until I decide to go back for seconds because the veggies were so good.
Oh, you mean I can't immediately start jumping on trampolines since you just signed me up for gymnastics because the gym owners said no? - Sulk for three hours at home.
Oh, you mean I can't call my friends in Ukraine because it's 3am there? - Sulk till I get up in the morning.
Oh, you mean I can't wash my favorite green sweater by hand because you actually have a washing machine and dryer that can do the same job better and quicker? - Sulk for at least two hours.
I could go on and on, but I am really tired and ready for this adjusting period to be over with. I swear I've said, "No," and "Stop!" more times in the past week than I have in my entire life. Well, okay, so maybe I said, "No," more often when I was two years old, but not since then.
Natalie
TX
3 comments:
Ya Izniyoo! Perhaps ours should con-SULK eachother by phone to see who has the most restrictive parent LOL! Hang in there. It gets better! God Bless!
Frustrating to be sure! Maddie (even at the young age) went through something similar, although her sulking was displayed by 'fainting'. If she didn't get what she wanted she would close her eyes, sigh and then sink to the ground.
At times it was all I could do not to laugh! :)
Hang in there...
Sounds all too familiar! LOL Welcome to the JOYS of parenting;) It will get better, especially once he realizes that isn't working. Then he'll try something else:0
Karina was like a zombie when we first came home. She told me she wanted to stay at that same friend's house from now on. THEN, the next day, she was making up for all the missed attention she didn't get from all her family members while she was there. DROVE ME CRAZY!!!!
June
Post a Comment