Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday with Y

I get to see Y for about 2-2.5 hrs each day. I think maybe I could see him longer on the weekends, but I think Mama bores him sometimes!

Each day we take a walk around the area, usually about 20-30 minutes and just take in the "sights," or lack thereof. I got to see the room where all the puzzles are today. I tried to put one together, but I don't think it had all the pieces. Y is supposed to eat while I'm there, so yesterday he ate like in less than 5 minutes and today he went to see what they were serving. He didn't like it so he didn't eat. Tomorrow I am supposed to bring him candy or take him to the store to get something. I'm not sure which, so I'll bring the Valentine's Day candy I brought from USA and see if that is okay.

I met Petr today, too. Poor boy is 15 yrs old and can't be more than 4.5 ft tall. He looks like he's about 10, maybe. Very sweet nice kid, though. All the kids there seem to be well behaved. Yesterday Kolya introduced me to some of their roommates and told me which ones smoked already. I had told Kolya and Y the day before that I did not like smoking, even if Papa does it does not mean it's okay.

I'm getting a lot of sleep now, 9-10 hrs a day. Not like there is much else to do here except sleep, see Y, blog and eat every once in a while. It has been pretty gray nasty weather so I haven't had a chance to see outside very much. I still can't figure out how to get the pictures off of my video camera (it does both photo and video). I can import the videos with no problem, but I don't know where the pictures are hiding! I can see them on the camera, I just can't transfer them to my computer.

My Skype phone doesn't work here in region, so you'll have to call my cell # listed above. I usually try to sleep from 5pm-2 0r 3am central time, so call me any other time. I would love to hear English without an accent every once in awhile (okay, y'all Texans can call, too).

Natalie
TX

No comments: