Court will be tomorrow at about 10am Ukraine time (that's 2am for you Texans and 3am for you Steelers fans). I might actually have to set my alarm. I have been going to bed at about 2am and getting up between 11am and noon every day. I'm catching up on 19yrs of missed sleep thanks to the FAA.
I talked to Ig today to find out when court would be tomorrow, good thing it's in the morning. I asked if I should bring Y's clothes over today or tomorrow morning and he seemed a bit surprised that I had court clothes for Y, but he said bring them over today just to be safe. Apparently it is not common for parents to bring clothes for their children to attend court. He said they usually just bring clothes for after the kids are officially theirs. I want Y to look nice, this is a very important day. Good thing we just hosted him, too. I showed N the clothes and she called Y to come in and try them on. He kept saying, "Zavtra," and she kept saying, "Nyet, see chas!" N won. I was actually surprised by how well the shirt fit. I thought it might be a little bit too long in the sleeves but it seems just perfect. Too bad, he'll probably outgrow it in a month. As he was walking out, he told me he does not like dress shirts and ties. I told him Papa doesn't like ties either, and he has real ties, not that fake clip on stuff that was part of Y's clothes. I bought it at Burlington Coat Factory for about $30 for the whole set (pants, shirt, vest and tie). All a nice navy and light blue. Very grown up looking, I thought.
Y is a jeans, t-shirt, sweaters and sneakers kind of kid. If you can't play soccer in it, he doesn't want to wear it. BTW, for those of you who care, the clothes I brought for him are a boys size 14, and his shoes are a size 10 or 10.5 mens, I can't remember which right now. At least he'll fit in at our house with big feet. They're bigger than mine already and almost as big as Bill's. I hope they give me his shoes back after tomorrow, at least. I'd like for him to have more than one option for shoes until we get back to the USA. I brought him tennis shoes as well, but I would like something for him to wear in the snow/ice/muck that's here most of the time. The tennis shoes we gave him over Christmas are so dirty you almost can't even tell they are tennis shoes.
I have to give kudos to the ladies at the hotel. They have been taking excellent care of me. Last week they noticed that I was always throwing out plastic plates, bowls and utensils, so they gave me two sets of each from the restaurant and a dish towel to dry them. How sweet, all I had to do was get detergent from the supermarket and a scrubby and I'm all set. All I want to do tomorrow after court, though is have one good hot meal. I don't care if I eat it alone, I just want one hot meal after weeks of cold food eaten in a hotel room. It is cheap to eat that way, I'm paying less than $10 a day for food. And today, one of the ladies gave me an iron so that I could be all domestic and everything. It seems even my stretchy pants get wrinkled after three weeks in the luggage. I may as well have not ironed Y's outfit, he got it all wrinkled when he tried it on. Boys. Gotta love them. Poor thing doesn't know that's the last time I'm gonna iron anything for him. It's taken Bill 13yrs to figure that one out. If Bill wanted a domestic wife, he sure made a mistake in marrying me. I can microwave with the best of them, though, and if you don't like that I can order anything over the phone and pick it up. As far as I'm concerned the stove is just a place you set hot dishes after they come out of the microwave. If I had more time, the oven would be a different matter. I used to love to bake cookies and nut roll and stuff.
Well, times almost up. I gotta go lurk in blogland now.
Bye.
Natalie
TX
2 comments:
Natalie, we'll be thinking of you and Y tomorrow. 2/26/08 is our official adoption date! Sharon
Just catching up. Praying that court went well today and now you are a mother!!! Best of wishes!
Post a Comment