Sunday, February 1, 2009

Answer: Zero; Question: How many times have you been outside the USA?

Can't believe it's already here.  Still packing my carry-on at 12:30 at night, maybe I'll get about 3-4 hours of sleep and then it's off to the races.  My flight leaves at 9am TX time and I'm scheduled to get into Kiev at about 10am their time on Monday morning.

I have to say, I love whoever invented "Space Bags."  Even if I still packed a bunch of stuff, you should see what is in the 'no way it'll fit' pile.  Sorry, Y, no Sponge Bob soccer ball in Ukraine; you'll have to wait until we get back home.

Bill, of course, is relatively cool as a cucumber.  He gets to stay in nice warm TX and deal with 4 puppies and two kitties for a couple of months.  I'm already having fur withdrawal.

It sounds like they're going to try and put me up at the hotel in region instead of the apartment.  I hope it's not much more expensive.  Maybe there will be someone else there who speaks English.

Almost forgot, I have a Skype number:  936-647-3750.  Call and leave me a message.  I'll get a Ukraine number as soon as I can.  Thanks Butchee family for the phone and thanks Coons family for the translator.  Both will get tons of use.  Also, thanks to the Glazener family for encouragement and information about how much they liked using my facilitator this past fall.

Gotta go get my fix of other peoples blogs now.  Who knows when I'll be able to connect again.

Natalie
TX

3 comments:

S and T said...

Natalie, I will be anxiously awaiting your next blog entry. You should be a couple of hours in to your flight by now. I hope you are able to post photos on your blog. I can't wait to see Stak----. Sharon

Jules AF said...

My experience in Kiev was that not many people spoke English! It was a little frustrating, but good luck! I learned the Cyrillic alphabet while I was there for 3 weeks, and it was really helpful to me! I would have been so lost on the subway/metro/whatever they call it if I hadn't learned it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie,

Nice blog. Where do you find the time? Is it very cold there? Be careful. We're thinking about you and hope you got to see some of your beloved Steelers yesterday. Take care. Nancy