Saturday, December 20, 2008

Ticket to Motherhood

I just "purchased" my ticket to Motherhood.  I couldn't sleep, so I figured I might as well get something done.

So far, at least one of my plans for the adoption has worked well.  I got an AmEx card last year and have charged up (and mostly paid off) a storm on it.  All recurring charges that accept AmEx are charged to it every month.  With all of the double and triple bonus miles for charging groceries and gas, I had a whopping 161,000 miles available for use.  I used 90,000 of them to "pay with miles" for my trip.  I can actually fly from TX to JFK to Kiev and back in February for less than I could've flown from TX to JFK round trip just last month.  Hopefully I can use the rest of the miles plus my free companion ticket to pay for Y's trip back with me. 


I will be leaving Sunday February 1, 2009 and tentatively returning Tuesday March 31, 2009 (no-fly Tuesday for you I90 air traffic controllers).  That is almost 8 weeks, so hopefully my guesstimate will be good.  I even got to pick my seats.  Neato.  I will be flying up to JFK in a CRJ type regional jet, so I picked a seat in the back near the bathroom because I know I will be nervous as hell.  Then I will travel on a B767 in the exit row!!! Leg room!!!  One of the few perks you learn from flying familiarization trips as an air traffic controller.  Not that I ever sat anywhere but the cockpit, mind you.  Actually this will kind of be like an old time fam trip except I actually have a real ticket.  I also picked the same seats on the trip home, but we'll have to see if they'll let Y into an exit row.

Can't sleep because Y is coming to visit in less than 24 hrs!

Gotta go wrap Christmas gifts.

Bye
Natalie
TX

1 comment:

adopting2fromUkraine said...

One thing down. 999,999,999 things to go!;) LOL

June