Tuesday November 4, 2008 was certainly a historic and wonderful day for us!! Congratulations to President-elect Barack Hussein Obama (funny how the Republicans never mentioned John McCain's or Sarah Palin's or Joe Biden's middle name).
I spent my early morning walking the brats and dealing with paperwork associated with a mortgage refinance. Yes, they are still doing mortgage refinances even in this economic climate. Seems we are good candidates because we have enough income and we actually owe less on the house than it is worth.
Then, I reported for duty as a poll watcher at the Montgomery County central library. What an enlightening experience. It was a very well spent, energizing day of learning exactly what goes on when you vote. I watched a well organized precinct deal with about 500-600 voters, many of whom were at the wrong polling location or who had thought they were registered to vote but were not on Montgomery county roles. All were handled efficiently and with respect.
After polls closed, I went to the Montgomery County Democratic Party headquarters to watch the returns come in. Before I even got there, (and it only took 7 minutes), I heard that Obama had over 100 electoral votes to McCain's 30 or so. At about 10-10:30pm McCain came on TV to give his concession speech and about 30 minutes later Obama gave his victory speech in front of an estimated 250,000 supporters. Wow. I was able to go home to sleep at a decent hour knowing who had won the election. How unusual.
Once I got home I picked up the mail and noticed a letter from USCIS with ORPHAN written in green on the front!!!! We had officially received our notice to get our FBI fingerprints done! So, I woke Bill up and informed him we would need to be there between 8-11am the next day. M told us to go as soon as we got the letter, don't even wait one day, and that's what we did. It only took a painless 20 minutes or so of waiting and then the electronic fingerprints again. Only about the 5th time we've had our fingerprints done during this process.
Now it is time to bother the newly re-elected K Brady and J Cornyn and also K B Hutchison to see if they can speed up the processing of our fingerprints. Hope they don't find out that I voted a straight Democratic ticket.
Natalie
TX
No comments:
Post a Comment